- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Leonid Tibilov: Georgia is conducting military preparations at the borders with South Ossetia2012-09-19 13:33
South Ossetian President Leonid Tibilov stated he was aware of the military preparations Georgia was conducting at the borders with South Ossetia. He said this today during a meeting with the co-chairs of the Geneva talks, the ITAR-TASS reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We have information about serious military preparations by the Georgian side. In Georgian areas adjacent to Leningorsky region of South Ossetia there were built many fortifications. In the Georgian villages near the border there are being created storages of small arms", the president said. He noted that South Ossetia perceived these measures as a preparation to the war against the Ossetian people. He also asked the co-chairs of the Geneva talks to warn the Georgian leadership, that the responsibility for possible provocations would be on Tbilisi.
Earlier on Tuesday, the presidential envoy to South Ossetia on post-conflict settlement Murat Dzhioyev said that the people of South Ossetia were concerned over the movement of Georgian troops along the borders of the republic, the Interfax reported.
"Cases of illegal penetrations into the homes of rural residents take place more and more often. They cannot move freely. I ask to raise this issue at a meeting with the Georgian authorities", he said.