- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Foreign trade turnover of Georgia decreased2009-02-27 11:05
In January 2009 foreign trade turnover of Georgia dropped on 31.7 per cent comparing with the similar period of 2008, and amounted USD 341.5 mln.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the statistics department of the Ministry of Economic Development, export fell 35.8 per cent and amounted USD 62.1 mln, import - 30.7 per cent, amounted USD 279.4 mln.
The negative trade balance in January amounted USD 217.3 mln (29.1 per cent less than the analogue period of the last year), recorded in foreign trade with 76 partner countries.
The positive trade balance amounted USD 12.1 mln, recorded in relations with 12 countries. In January 2008: USD 22.5 mln, 17 countries.
Foreign trade volumes with the EU countries dropped 47.9 per cent amounting USD 78.4 mln; foreign trade turnover with CIS countries fell 35.2 per cent, amounting USD 109.6 mln.
Though Turkey remains Georgia's main trade partner, foreign trade turnover with this country fell 19.1 per cent amounting USD 51.7 mln. Azerbaijan comes second (foreign trade turnover dropped 27.5 per cent, amounting USD 38.6 mln. Ukraine is the third: USD 26.8 mln, 44.8 per cent less than in January 2008.