- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New Georgian Minister of Corrections assigned2012-09-20 12:07
Georgian authorities have assigned a new head of the Ministry of Corrections, as well as a chief of Gldani prison after a scandal with torture of prisoners. This was announced by the representative of the administration of the Prime Minister Shota Utiashvili, the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The head of the Ministry of Corrections, Probation and Legal Assistance was assigned George Lordkipanidze", Utiashvili stated.
Also there was assigned a new chief of the Gldani prison № 8 in Tbilisi, whose predecessor was dismissed and detained by law enforcement agencies after the scandal of September 18.
Recall, on Tuesday, the MIA of Georgia posted on its website some of the videos, with the caveat that this was the minimum part of the footage available to the investigation, since the other shots were not allowed for public viewing.
However, on the evening that day, the TV "Maestro" and "Channel Nine" showed the shocking footage of brutal beatings and rape in particular perverted form. The TV channels declared they had full video version of what was happening in the Gldani prison. TV channels reported that they had received it from one of the former prison officer, who was in Belgium to date.
Former Minister of Corrections, Probation and Legal Assistance of Georgia Khatuna Kalmakhelidze has voluntarily resigned.