- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Supporters of the ruling party of Georgia have beaten several journalists2012-09-21 11:51
Last night, several journalists were beaten by supporters of the ruling party of Georgia "United National Movement" near the house of the majoritarian candidate, former regional prosecutor Roland Akhalaia, the father of ex-Interior Minister Bacho Akhalaia, the Vesti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Late at night, journalists with cameras arrived at the house of Roland Akhalaia and tried to get him to comment on the resignation of his son. After some time, about 70 supporters of the "United National Movement" arrived here and drove the journalists away using force. A few of the journalists got hit in the face.
Recall, the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Bacho Akhalaia has resigned due to scandal that erupted after the uproar around torture of prisoners in the Tbilisi prison. Akhalaia resigned on Thursday evening.
"I do not lead the penitentiary system for a year, but some of its leaders were obliged to prevent such outrageous facts and started to work in the system under my leadership. Accordingly, I bear moral and political responsibility, so I have appealed to the president with a request on resignation", said in Akhalaia's statement on the web page of the department.
The new Minister of Corrections was appointed Eka Sguladze.