- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Patriarch urges students to suspend the protests2012-09-21 13:55
On Friday, Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia Ilia II urged students to suspend the protests in connection with the day of the Nativity of the Virgin, the VZGLIAD reported. Recall, the students are holding the protests in connection to the recent scandal around the reports on tortures of prisoners in Georgians prisons.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Students say they will consider the words of the head of the GOC. The more that according to their information, the government can prepares provocations.
The newly appointed Minister of Corrections, Probation and Legal Assistance of George Tugushi Friday has arrived to the disgraceful Gldani prison scandal in Tbilisi, accompanied by the journalists. He has promised to punish all employees of the prison, involved in torture of prisoners.
Recall, previously the head of the International Charitable Fund of the Georgian Orthodox Church Lasha Zhvania stated about efforts of the Georgian government to put pressure on Patriarch Ilia II.
Lasha Zhvania said that on Wednesday Ilia II issued a statement condemning the happenings in the prisons. Some time later he was visited by senior officials, including Deputy Defense Minister Data Akhalaia, brother of the Minister of Interior.
Zhvania stated this fact could be considered an attempt by the authorities to put pressure on Ilia II, which ended in vain. "Half an hour after their visit, the GOC issued a new statement condemning the incident and cancelling holiday the church holidays in the coming days", Lasha Zhvania said.