- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ministry of Culture: Pirosmani’s canvas is placed in Saakashvili’s residence temporarily2009-02-27 14:24
The picture "Giorgoba in Bolnisi" by the renowned Georgian artist Niko Pirosmani was temporarily removed from the Georgian National Museum to the residence of Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, RIA Novosti reports, alluding to the Ministry of Culture of Georgia press service.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On Thursday Georgian mass media spread information that Saakashvili allegedly ordered his guards to steal Pirosmani's canvas to decorate his home.
According to the press service, the picture will remain in presidential residence in Avlabari for three months. The necessity for temporary replacement appeared because of repair works in Simon Janashia Museum of Georgia; all legal issues are respected.
Temporary placing canvas of famous artists in official residences of Presidents is a global practice, the Ministry of Culture press service adds.