- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Syrian opposition calls for establishing an international conference2012-09-24 11:49
Participants of the meeting of Syrian opposition have called the UN and the Arab League envoy to Syria Lakhdar Brahimi to take the initiative to convene an "international conference on syria with the participation of all stakeholders", the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Syrian opposition held the meeting on Sunday in Damascus. The aim of the international conference will be "development of ways for Syria for transition to the democratic and pluralistic system of government", said in the final communiqué.
The opposition have also called the regime of the President Bashar Assad and armed opposition, which had not participated in the meeting, to the "immediate cessation of violence under the Arab and international supervision". At the same time, the document stresses that "desired changes" cannot be imposed to the Syrian people from outside.
Meanwhile, as recalled by the Reuters, the special representative of the UN and the Arab League Lakhdar Brahimi stated that both the Syrian authorities and the opposition needed peace in the country.
"Both government and opposition have points of contact. This is the Syrians who want peace in their country. It is necessary to help the parties find common ground", Brahimi said after the meeting with Syrian President Bashar Assad in Damascus.