- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Medoyev: South Ossetia is not going to join Russia2012-09-24 13:22
According to the South Ossetian Ambassador to Moscow Dmitry Medoyev, South Ossetia is not going to become part of Russia, the VZGLIAD reported. At the same time, the country intends to maximize the integration with North Ossetia in various fields.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I think that the most important thing for South Ossetia is maintaining independent status and maximize the integration with North Ossetia in culture, economy, finance, etc.", he said.
According to him, "there are no barriers to communication, movement, living together of the relatives in the community, etc."
Dmitry Medoyev believes that the relations between Russia and South Ossetia should be based on the existing legal framework, which includes more than sixty agreements.
Meanwhile, a number of Georgian and North Ossetian experts believe that South Ossetia will join Russia. For example, Georgian public figure Konstantin Chikviladze told GTimes: "I think that eventually South Ossetia will join Russia. It won't be able to become fully sovereign state".
"The path, chosen by our ancestors, is to be together with Russia in all the life trials and historic turns. This is both strategy and tactics. And they fully justify themselves", Alan Salbiyev, the head of Science and Information Technology department, Ministry of Education of North Ossetia-Alania said. "What is our role in the union with Russia? This question is related to geopolitics. The role and capacity of each part of the Ossetian people do not matter. The main thing is that in any capacity we're always close to the Russian people. Personally, I dream that one day Ossetia will unite within one particular state - Russia. Any nation deserves its own state only in case of reaching a certain level of maturity and understanding of the world in its development. I'm convinced that the Ossetian nation has long reached that level".