- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
"Innocence of Muslims" banned in Lebanon2012-09-25 11:17
Lebanese court has banned the distribution the film "Innocence of Muslims" in the country since its separate scenes were "highly offensive" to Islam, the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The court demanded the Ministry of Information of Lebanon and all internet service providers to take action to stop the spread of the film in the country. Violators of this ordinance face a fine of $ 1 million.
Previously, it was reported that the company Google, the owner of the video hosting YouTube, blocked in Egypt and Libya the opportunity to watch a film about the Prophet Muhammad which caused the anger of the Muslims.
The film "The innocence of Muslims" in which the Muslim prophet Muhammad presented in a very unfavorable light caused a strong reaction in Egypt and Libya.
Later, actress Cindy Lee Garcia, who had played a small role in the movie "Innocence of Muslims", filed a lawsuit in the Supreme Court in Los Angeles against the producer of the provocative film Nakoula Basseley Nakoula and the portal YouTube, demanding compensation for moral damages, as well as to ban the film on the Internet.
In the statement of claim, in particular, it is stressed that "movie in its current form is a deadly threat to her and her loved ones". In addition, the actress said she has become a victim of fraud and has experienced enormous stress.