- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Prisoners of another Georgian prison have complained of tortures2012-09-25 12:48
Prisoners of the Ksani colony No 15, located 40 kilometers from Tbilisi, have complained that they had been tortured, the Russian News Service reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In an interview the Georgian prisoners told reporters that some prison officials had used electric shockers. As a result, according to unofficial information, one prisoner has died.
Earlier, human rights activists have reported on torture in this colony. Two years ago, the Georgian authorities have received a request from the European Court of Human Rights on this occasion.
Recall, on 18th of September, the MIA of Georgia posted on its website some of the videos revealing the facts of tortures in Gldani prison in Tbilisi, with the caveat that this was the minimum part of the footage available to the investigation, since the other shots were not allowed for public viewing.
However, on the evening that day, the TV "Maestro" and "Channel Nine" showed the shocking footage of brutal beatings and rape in particular perverted form. The TV channels declared they had full video version of what was happening in the Gldani prison. TV channels reported that they had received it from one of the former prison officer, who was in Belgium to date.
Following the scandal, former Minister of Corrections, Probation and Legal Assistance of Georgia Khatuna Kalmakhelidze and the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Bacho Akhalaia resigned.