- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bakradze: Russia has no resources for new operation in Georgia2009-02-27 17:43
At the present stage there is no threat of the August scenario repetition, stated David Bakradze, the Speaker of the Parliament of Georgia, at today's meeting with the Caucasus Institute students - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the same time, Bakradze believes that in case Russia gets internal social problems, it may try to shift accent on Georgia.
"Neither me nor anybody else can give a 100 per cent guarantee. I cannot rule out that if problems, especially social ones, increase in Russia, they will make out a problem outside the country to shift attention", Bakradze said.
The Speaker believes that "threat from the Russian side at the present moment includes support of domestic political instability and interference in domestic political processes of Georgia".
"Very many people who fled from Georgia in five recent years and are staying in Moscow now, take active part in directing processes in Georgia in the way of "somalitization" and "balkanization", Bakradze highlighted.