- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Author of "Innocence of Muslim" arrested2012-09-28 12:23
Producer of the "Innocence of Muslims" Nakoula Basseley Nakoula arrested in the USA. The Court considered it possible that Basseley Nakoula may try to leave the U.S. and escape from justice, the RBC reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The reason for the arrest was a violation of the conditions of probation. In 2010, Nakula was sentenced to prison for fraud with bank cards and had no right to use the Internet for five years.
On Friday morning, the Federal Court in Los Angeles considered the possibility of release on bail and has left intact the preventive measure. Previously Basseley Nakoula was hiding. He was captured thanks to the journalist investigation.
Belonging to Coptic Christian church, the Californian Basseley Nakoula was named one of the creators of the film "Innocence of Muslims", exposing the Prophet Muhammad in a bad light. The appearing of the film on the Internet has caused mass protests in several Muslim countries.
Recall, earlier, the actress Cindy Lee Garcia, who had played a small role in the movie "Innocence of Muslims", has filed a lawsuit in the Supreme Court in Los Angeles against the producer of the provocative film Nakoula Basseley Nakoula and the portal YouTube, demanding compensation for moral damages, as well as to ban the film on the Internet.
In the statement of claim, in particular, it is stressed that "movie in its current form is a deadly threat to her and her loved ones". In addition, the actress said she has become a victim of fraud and has experienced enormous stress.