- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ivanishvili has announced new Cabinet of Georgia2012-10-08 12:48
Georgian billionaire and politician Bidzina Ivanishvili, who leads the coalition "Georgian Dream", which had won in the parliamentary election in the country, has announced the new Cabinet. This was reported by the Lenta.ru.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Ivanishvili intends to personally lead the Cabinet. New head of the Interior Ministry has become a representative of the "Georgian Dream" Irakli Garibashvili, Defense Minister - the leader of the party "Our Georgia", former Georgian ambassador to the UN Irakli Alasania.
The new Foreign Minister has become Maya Panjikidze, a relative (wife's sister) of Irakli Alasania. Previously Panjikidze was Georgian ambassador to Germany; recently she was a spokesman of Ivanishvili.
According to the plan, former soccer player Kakha Kaladze will become the Minister for Regional Development.
Sozar Subari has remained the position of the Minister of Correction. He was appointed to the post recently, after the scandal around the tortures of prisoners in Tbilisi prison. Prior to this appointment Subari was ombudsman.
According to the NEWSRu, Minister of Health will become the former Minister of Labour, Health and Social Protection of Georgia Amiran Gamkrelidze; the Minister of Culture - a writer Guram Odisharia; the Minister of Sports - the son of a famous Georgian soccer player David Kipiani - Levan Kipiani.
Ivanishvili has also announced the candidates for the State Minister for Diaspora Affairs and Minister for Reintegration: a representative of the party "Our Georgia - Free Democrats" Kote Surguladze and political scientist and chairman of the Republican Party Paata Zakareishvili.