- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
UN Secretary General condemns terrorist attacks in Damascus2012-10-10 11:59
The UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has condemned the series of terrorist attacks in Damascus which had resulted in victims, the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"UN Secretary General is extremely concerned by the fact that the spiral of violence in Syria creates a fertile breeding ground for terrorism and criminal activity of any kind. Violence must be stopped. No cause can be an excuse for terrorist attacks, wherever, whenever and by whomsoever committed", stated in the press-service.
Three explosions have thundered in the east of Damascus. Two mined vehicles were blown up in front of Air Force Intelligence in Haraszti. Responsibility for the attacks was assumed by an extremist group "Dhebhat en Nusra" associated with al-Qaeda.
Recall, in late September the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon stated Syrian crisis threatened international security. "The conflict in Syria begins to threaten regional and international security", said Ban Ki-moon at the UN Security Council meeting on the Middle East. However, he stressed that the crisis in Syria cannot be resolved by military means.