- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Father-in-law of the future Interior Minister released from prison2012-10-10 14:08
Supporter of the winning coalition "Georgian Dream" Tamaz Tamazashvili, earlier convicted for illegal possession of weapons, was released from prison in Georgia. This was reported by the IA News-Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Tamaz Tamazashvili is father-in-law of the representative of the "Georgian Dream" Irakli Garibashvili. Previously Garibashvili headed the charity fund of the billionaire Bidzina Ivanishvili, the founder and head of the coalition "Georgian Dream". After the victory of the coalition in the parliamentary election Garibashvili was promoted to the post of the Interior Minister.
After leaving prison, Tamaz Tamazashvili said: "My detention was the political violence, and now justice has triumphed".
As recalled by the Lenta.ru, Tamaz Tamazashvili was convicted in the spring of 2011 for illegal possession of weapons. He was sentenced to three and a half years in prison. Tamazashvili has not pleaded guilty.
Tamaz Tamazashvili served the term in Gldani prison No 8. His name appeared in the recent scandal related to the facts of tortures of prisoners in this facility.