- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Streets of Derbent will be restored by the evening2012-10-11 13:39
Rescuers are planning to restore the streets affected by the flooding in Derbent on Thursday by 6 pm Moscow time, RIA Novosti reported with reference to the Republican MOE.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Currently, the commission continues to assess the damage, cleaning roads, water pumping and recovery gas and water supply, as well as providing psychological and medical assistance to the victims. Completion is scheduled for 6 pm of Thursday", said in the press service of the department.
As recalled by the Interfax, on Wednesday night powerful showers fell on Derbent; the water flooded basement floors of 320 houses. Six people, three of whom were members of one family, have died. In total, 1.12 thousand people, including 270 children, have found themselves in the area of flooding. At the same time, socially significant facilities were not flooded. 357 people and 60 vehicles, including 143 people and 9 units of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia are involved in the aftermath of the incident.
Later, rescuers pumped water from basement floors of houses in Derbent. "Work on the water pumping is completed. Works on clearing roads from rocks, soil and debris is being carried out. As a result of flooding the road surface is not damaged", said the representative of the Republican MOE.