- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New government of Georgia intends to establish Agency for Competition2012-10-11 16:21
New government of Georgia intends to establish the Agency for free competition. This was announced on Thursday by the representative of the "Georgian Dream" Vakhtang Khmaladze, who was elected to the new parliament, the VZGLIAD reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"This will be one of the first new bills. The Agency will monitor the market and become a major weapon in the fight against corruption of elites", Vakhtang Khmaladze stated.
According to the World Bank, more than 70% of the Georgian economy is in shadow. The authorities of Georgia have defeated everyday corruption, but the level of the elite corruption is really high.
Antimonopoly Service was abolished in Georgia several years ago.
Recall, on Monday, October 8, Georgian billionaire and politician Bidzina Ivanishvili, who leads the coalition "Georgian Dream", which had won in the parliamentary election in the country, announced the new Cabinet.
Ivanishvili intends to personally lead the Cabinet. New head of the Interior Ministry has become a representative of the "Georgian Dream" Irakli Garibashvili, Defense Minister - the leader of the party "Our Georgia", former Georgian ambassador to the UN Irakli Alasania.
The new Foreign Minister has become Maya Panjikidze, a relative (wife's sister) of Irakli Alasania. Previously Panjikidze was Georgian ambassador to Germany; recently she was a spokesman of Ivanishvili.