- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian serviceman killed in Afghanistan2012-10-12 12:18
Serviceman of the Georgian contingent, 23-year-old Corporal Mindia Abashidze was killed in Afghanistan during a combat mission. This was reported by the IA News-Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Corporal Abashidze served in the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Helmand province in the 32nd Infantry Battalion of the Third Brigade of the Georgian Defense Ministry since 2008. According to the Ministry of Defense of Georgia, Abashidze was killed during a combat mission while performing the peacekeeping mission.
According to the Echo of the Caucasus, Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili has expressed condolences to the family of the deceased soldier.
Candidate for the post of Minister of Defense from the coalition "Georgian Dream" Irakli Alasania has also expressed his condolences to the relatives of Mindy Abashidze. "Corporal Abashidze fought for our country and for the stable and peaceful future for our children. I express my deepest condolences to his family", Alasania stated on his official page on the Facebook.