- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Lavrov: Russia will evaluate new government of Georgia for its actions2012-10-15 12:13
According to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, Moscow will judge the intentions of the new government of Georgia for its specific deeds and positions in relation to Russia and the South Caucasus, the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We have confirmed that we expect the formation of the new government and its entry into the post, and then we will judge it for specific and practical actions and position, declared in respect of the Russian Federation and the whole situation in the South Caucasus", Sergey Lavrov said.
Lavrov said earlier that Russia hoped to settle relations between Russia, Georgia, South Ossetia and Abkhazia, but Moscow was not going to lead any negotiations on the fate of Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
Recall, last week Georgian billionaire and politician Bidzina Ivanishvili, who leads the coalition "Georgian Dream", which had won in the parliamentary election in the country, announced the new Cabinet.
Ivanishvili intends to personally lead the Cabinet. New head of the Interior Ministry has become a representative of the "Georgian Dream" Irakli Garibashvili, Defense Minister - the leader of the party "Our Georgia", former Georgian ambassador to the UN Irakli Alasania.
The new Foreign Minister has become Maya Panjikidze, a relative (wife's sister) of Irakli Alasania. Previously Panjikidze was Georgian ambassador to Germany; recently she was a spokesman of Ivanishvili.