- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ilham Aliyev met with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad2012-10-16 11:50
On October 15, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. At the meeting they have highlighted the importance of the 12th summit of the Economic Cooperation Organization, as well as expressed confidence that the event must contribute to the expansion of cooperation between the countries of the region in the future, the IA Regnum reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Ilham Aliyev and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad expressed their satisfaction with the development of bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Iran in political, economic and cultural spheres. They also stressed that there is good potential for expansion of ties in the field of economy and trade, including the energy, transportation and other areas.
According to the Trend, the presidents noted that the cultural and historical affinity between the two nations created a good basis for the further development of relations. The heads of states emphasized that the development of relations between the two countries will contribute to regional cooperation.
Presidents also highlighted the importance of mutual high-level visits for the development of relations. The sides exchanged views on the issues of mutual interest.