- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ivanishvili intends to ban gambling industry in Georgia2012-10-16 12:27
Georgian billionaire, leader of the coalition "Georgian Dream" Bidzina Ivanishvili intends to close all casinos and brothels in the resort town of Batumi, the IA News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Businessman claims that such facilities do not attract tourists, bring little income to the state and thus "spoil the country's reputation".
According to the Business Georgia, Bidzina Ivanishvili had a plan to forbid gambling business in the country. However, the "Georgian Dream" hastened to refute this information. In rebuttal, made by the billionaire's companion-in-arms Usupashvili, who is a candidate for parliament speaker, was stated: "The "Georgian Dream" does not have some special approach to this, is not going to forbid it, but this business must be regulated", he said.
Billionaire's statement was already commented in the Batumi city hall. According to them, the revenue from gambling business is quite important for the municipal budget, since amounts half of non-tax revenues.
Reportedly, in Batumi there are operating several casinos, slot machine halls, and "more than 10 houses of prostitution". Investors of the most of these facilities are Turkish businessmen, the edition added.