- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ivanishvili: Georgia should participate in Sochi Olympics2012-10-16 14:12
According to the candidate for the post of Prime Minister of Georgia, leader of the coalition "Georgian Dream" Bidzina Ivanishvili, Georgia should take part in the Olympic Games in Sochi in 2014. He stated this at a briefing on Tuesday, the IA News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Georgia should take part in the Olympics, and as a neighbor, we should do everything to make the Olympics took place peacefully and without incidents", said Ivanishvili. Thus he denied some media reports that the coalition is the American project, the purpose of which is to disrupt the Sochi Olympics.
As recalled by the RIA Novosti, after the 2008 war Georgian political circles have repeatedly discussed the possible actions of Tbilisi in connection with the Olympic Games in Sochi, up to a possible boycott. Tbilisi has repeatedly drawn the attention of international organizations to the fact that for the construction of Olympic venues Russian side actively used the infrastructure and building materials from Abkhazia, the independence of which Russia unilaterally recognized in 2008.