- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili has restored Bidzina Ivanishvili's citizenship2012-10-16 15:57
Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili has restored the citizenship of the leader of the coalition of "Georgian Dream" and candidate for the post of Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili. This was announced by the president's spokesperson Manana Manjgaladze, the Gazeta.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Bidzina Ivanishvili has restored citizenship", Manana Manjgaladze stated.
As rexalled by the RIA Novosti, Bidzina Ivanishvili was deprived of Georgian citizenship by the decree of the president Mikheil Saakashvili in late last year. This decision was taken after Ivanishvili had admitted having French citizenship. Later Ivanishvili refused French citizenship, not having restored the Georgian one.
Despite repeated requests to the court, the decision to restore Bidzina Ivanishvili's citizenship was not taken.
Last December, the Tbilisi City Court upheld the decision depriving Ivanishvili Georgian citizenship, but canceled the presidential decree to revoke citizenship Khvedelidze Catherine - Ivanishvili's wife.