- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Barroso and Saakashvili discussed Georgia's prospects in EU and NATO2012-10-18 13:06
Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili has participated in the forum of the European People's Party in Bucharest, the Rosbalt reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the frameworks of the forum Saakashvili met with European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso. The parties have discussed the issues of Georgia's integration into the European Union and NATO.
Barroso also noted parliamentary election, held in Georgia on October 1, and called it a significant part of the democratic process, which takes place in Georgia.
Earlier it was reported that the NATO Secretary General's Special Representative for the Caucasus and Central Asia James Appathurai arrived in Georgia on the night of Thursday. During visit he intends to meet with representatives of the administration of President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili, the leader of the winning coalition "Georgian Dream", a candidate for Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili and other representatives of the future government.
"NATO continues working with the government of Georgia. It remains committed to the decisions of the Bucharest summit on Georgia's membership in the Organization. We also continue supporting the territorial integrity of Georgia", Appathurai said.