- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Rogozin: Russia does not supply Syria banned weapons2012-10-18 13:41
Moscow supplies Damascus only with defensive weapons, not prohibited by international sanctions. This was stated by the Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, who is in charge for the Defense industry of Russia, the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"With regard to Syria, we do not supply there anything prohibited by international decisions, but we are fulfilling those contracts concluded long ago", Rogozin said at a meeting of the Russian parliament members with the the representatives of NATO Parliamentary Assembly in Moscow.
Deputy Prime Minister stressed that all the weapons supplied by Russia to Syria is defensive weapons. "First of all - anti-air defense", he said.
As recalled by the Rosbalt, on the eve High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton called on all the countries of the international community not to supply weapons to Syria.
"The EU warns at the increasing militarization of the conflict. We urge all the countries to refrain from supplying arms to Syria and to follow the EU in order to stop supplies which inflames clashes", Ashton said in a statement.