- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania: Georgia remains in Afghanistan till 20142012-10-18 14:11
According to the candidate for the post of the Defense Minister from the coalition "Georgian Dream" Irakli Alasania, Georgian contingent remains in Afghanistan until 2014, the Afghanistan.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Everyone should understand that this is the obligation of the country, this is Georgia's contribution to the international security", Irakli Alasania stated.
According to the IA Regnum, he made such a statement on October 17 in the village of Tkhilnari, Khelvachauri District of Georgia, where the body of the deceased in Afghanistan Corporal Mindy Abashidze was delivered. Future Defense Minister presented his condolences to the family of the deceased. The funeral of the soldier must be held on October 18. Alasania called Mindy Abashidze hero and said that he defended in Afghanistan honor and security of Georgia and the world.
"It's hard to talk about the continuation of the mission, when just a few days ago we lost another Georgian soldier. We are at war and no one is safe against such a tragedy at the war", Alasania said. He stressed that Georgia continues participating in the mission as long as the mission is exhausted.