- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Reconciliation with Georgia is possible only after the recognition of South Ossetia2012-10-19 12:30
According to the president of South Ossetia Leonid Tibilov, Tskhinval is ready to build equal relations with Georgia under the recognition of South Ossetia and concluding of a non-aggression guarantee, the VZGLIAD reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"South Ossetia has repeatedly expressed its willingness to build equal interstate relations with Georgia on conditions of recognition of independence of the Republic by Georgia and compensation of damages caused to our country by the Georgian aggression", Leonid Tibilov said.
According to the head of South Ossetia, "a necessary step is to sign the document on the nonuse of force by Georgia against the Republic of South Ossetia". He added that despite the new government in Georgia, it is too early to make "any long-term conclusions".
Meanwhile, according to the presidential envoy for post-conflict settlement Murat Dzhioyev, there can be no economic relations between South Ossetia and Georgia since the latter does not provide security guarantees.
According to Dzhioyev, this issue was discussed at the 21st round of the Geneva talks on security in Transcaucasian region, held on October 10-11.
He stressed that the development of economic relations can be possible only after Georgia signs legally binding document on the use of force against South Ossetia.