- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mikheil Saakashvili met with Traian Basescu2012-10-19 13:49
During a working visit to Bucharest, Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili met with Romanian President Traian Basescu, the IA Regnum reported. He also took part in the 21th Congress of the European People's Party. At the meeting Saakashvili and Basescu discussed parliamentary election held in Georgia on October 1.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the President of Romania, this election has proved Georgia's course on democratic government and confirmed its commitment for the deepening of the processes of political security, stability and democracy. Traian Basescu promised Saakashvili full support of Georgia's path of integration of into NATO, and noted that the democratic election, held in the country on October 1, would contribute to the country's Euro-Atlantic integration.
Meanwhile, the aircraft of Georgian president Mikheil Saakashvili made an emergency landing at the airport in the Romanian capital of Bucharest due to faulty landing gear, the RIA Novosti reported referring to the presidential administration.
"President of Georgia Mikheil Saakashvili failed to return from Romania to Georgia at the scheduled time, since ten minutes after take-off the aircraft made an emergency landing at the airport in Bucharest. The reason was a technical failure, in particular, problems with the landing gear", said the administration.