- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
David Usupashvili approved as the chairman of the Georgian parliament2012-10-22 11:20
David Usupashvili, whose candidature was submitted by the winning in the parliamentary election on October 1 opposition coalition "Georgian Dream", was approved as the Chairman of the Georgian parliament, the Ura-Inform reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
88 members of parliament have supported Usupashvili's candidature for the post of the Speaker of the parliament of Georgia.
Also Georgian deputies established six factions in the parliament: "Georgian Dream" led by Zechariah Kutsnashvili, "Free Democrats" led by Irakli Chikovani, "Republicans" led by David Berdzenishvili. The above factions created the majority led by David Saganelidze.
Opposition has formed the minority, which includes "United National Movement" led by Giorgi Gabashvili, "National Movement - the regions" led by Akaki Bobokhidze, "National Movement - Majoritarians" led by Tariel Londaridze. Ex-chairman of the Georgian Parliament David Bakradze leads the newly created minority.
Meanwhile, according to the Vesti.ru, the new parliament started work in the second largest city of Georgia - Kutaisi - on October 21.