- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Irakli Alasania: Illegal armed groups operate in Georgia2012-10-22 13:40
Candidate for the post of Minister of Defense of Georgia Irakli Alasania states that illegal armed groups, created by former senior officials of the Ministries of Defense and Interior, are operating in the regions of Georgia, the IA Regnum reported. According to Alasania, these groups threaten the security of the country.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the same time, the future Defense Minister argues that the illegal armed groups involve a lot of true warriors and patriots. According to him, the Ministry of Defense and Interior Ministry will take care of their return to the society in order to make them serve for their homeland.
As for the former high-ranking officials of the Ministry of Defense and Interior Ministry - brothers Bacha and Dato Akhalaia, as well as the Minister of Justice Zurab Adeishvili, Alasania stated he was not concerned about the location of these individuals. But if the Georgian law enforcement agencies establish their guilt, then it would be easy find them as criminals, and they would be brought to justice in Georgia.
Recall, earlier the leader of the party "Our Georgia - Free Democrats" Irakli Alasania, submitted for the post of Defense Minister in the new Georgian Cabinet, intends to reduce the numerical structure of the army and make it more mobile and efficient in the future.
"Now our army includes over 30,000 soldiers. I already have a plan on how we can change it, but first I have to submit the plan of the future Prime Minister", he said, noting that he was not going create "offensive military force".