- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Dmitri Shashkin confirms that he has left Georgia2012-10-22 14:55
Former Georgian Defense Minister Dmitri Shashkin confirmed that he has left the country, the IA Regnum reported. On his page on Facebook Shashkin has posted an appeal to "the officers, sergeants, corporals, soldiers, friends and colleagues", in which he wrote that he had left the country with the hope to return in order to again serve his country.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"On October 1 Georgian people made their choice and I respect this choice. But I have different from the new majority values. I worked in the government of president Saakashvili, since I shared his ideals and ideas. Our government was united by an idea, not a pragmatic calculation. We believe that the money is not important, and you can achieve everything through the labour and the idea", Shashkin wrote.
According to him, he will always be proud of the fact that he has been working with the most powerful prime minister Vano Merabishvili, had the opportunity to learn from Zurab Adeishvili, was a colleague of Alexander Khetaguri, worked with Grigol Vashadze and Ramaz Nikolaishvili.
Recall, in early October it was reported that the Justice Minister of Georgia Zurab Adeishvili, Defense Minister Dmitri Shashkin and his deputy Dato Akhalaia - the brother of the Interior Minister Bacho Akhalaia, have secretly left the country. These ministers have disappeared. Former head of the Ministry of Corrections Khatuna Kalmakhelidze, who had resigned a few days before the election, after the scandal around the tortures in Gldani prison, also has disappeared.
Together with brothers Akhalaia everyone connected with the tortures of prisoners and other criminal cases has fled.