- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliament Commission to check crimes of Saakashvili regime2012-10-23 12:47
The new speaker of the Georgian parliament David Usupashvili, appointed to this post on Sunday, stated that the parliament was going to establish an investigation commission to investigate the "crimes" committed during the rule of President Mikheil Saakashvili, the RIA Novosti reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He also said that the new political leadership was planning to complete the investigation of the case within the year. "We believe that during the first year of management we must deal with all of such cases, to think about the future", David Usupashvili said.
As expected, the new commission to investigate high-profile crimes in Georgia will be headed by the spouse of the new speaker Tinatin Hidzhasheli. Like David Usupashvili, she is one of the leaders of the Republican Party.
Recall, after the coalition of Bidzina Ivanishvili had won in the parliamentary election in Georgia on October 1, and announcement of the new composition of the government, a number of former politicians has fled the country.
It was reported that the Justice Minister of Georgia Zurab Adeishvili, Defense Minister Dmitri Shashkin and his deputy Dato Akhalaia - the brother of the Interior Minister Bacho Akhalaia, have secretly left the country. These ministers have disappeared. Former head of the Ministry of Corrections Khatuna Kalmakhelidze, who had resigned a few days before the election, after the scandal around the tortures in Gldani prison, also has disappeared.
Together with brothers Akhalaia everyone connected with the tortures of prisoners and other criminal cases has fled. It is already confirmed and official information.