- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Strike of miners in Georgia continues2012-10-23 15:16
Miners of the LLC "Georgian Manganese" continue strike in the Chiatura district, Western Georgia, the IA Regnum reported. They demand higher wages to 100% and better working conditions.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Two days ago, the miners went on hunger strike, but after the meeting with the MP from the coalition of "Georgian Dream" in Chiatura district Malkhaz Tsereteli they stopped hunger strike. According to the deputy, the miners' demands are fair, since their wages do not meet the severity of work, and the conditions at the plant are terrible. Miners are hoping that the new cabinet will address their problems and contribute to their solution.
Association of trade unions of Georgia has supported the miners' strike. The chairman of the association Irakli Petriashvili was going to visit Chiatura and meet with the strikers on October 23.
Recall, miners went on strike in the city of Chiatura, Imereti, in the west of the country, on October 15. About 400 people take part in the strike. This was announced by the representative of the coalition "Georgian Dream" Malkhaz Tsereteli.
Participants of the strike have gathered outside the office of "Georgian Manganese", the owner of the plant "Chiaturmarganets" since 2007, developing local deposits of manganese ores. They required management to improve their working conditions and increase wages. Salaries of the local miners currently range from 250 to 300 lari (about 150-180 dollars), and the salaries of the drift miners amount 600 lari ($ 350).