- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Part of Australia has recognized Nagorno-Karabakh2012-10-25 17:07
October 24, the upper house of parliament of the largest state of Australia - New South Wales - adopted a resolution on the recognition of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic and the right to self-determination of the Armenian people living there, the IA Regnum reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the IA News-Armenia, under the unanimously adopted 5th resolution, the state parliament has recognized the independence of Nagorno-Karabakh and supports the self-determination of its people, as well as calls upon the authorities of Australia to officially recognize Karabakh's independence and strengthen the relationship with its citizens.
The onorary Chairman of the ANC Australia Greg Soghomonyan has also welcomed this historic decision, noting that this was an important step in the development of the Armenian-Australian community and the Armenian community as a whole.
Commenting on the event at a press conference on Thursday, the head of the NGO "European Integration" Bekaryan said: "Of course, one state - this is not the whole country, but further development is going to be interesting".