- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan intends to send official request to Australian authorities2012-10-26 13:10
Azerbaijan is going to send an official request to the Australian Government in relation to the resolution on the "recognition of the rights of peoples, including the Nagorno-Karabakh people, to self-determination", adopted by the state of South Wales based on the draft submitted by the pro-Armenian member of the Legislative Council of the state of South Wales Federal Government of Australia Marie Fikkaro.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the IA APA, this was declared by the spokesperson of the Azeri Foreign Ministry Elman Abdullayev. According to him, the Federal Government of Australia has always strongly supported the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan.
"In order to clarify the issue Azerbaijan intends to send a formal request to the federal government of Australia. Unfortunately, some of the members of legislative bodies at the level of the local state are ready to fulfill orders of the Diaspora for the sake of dividends. The resolution, of course, does not reflect the official position of the Federal Government of Australia, since the Federal Government of Australia has repeatedly confirmed its support for the territorial integrity and sovereignty of our country in the appeals to the Azerbaijani side".
Recall, on October 24, the upper house of parliament of the largest state of Australia - New South Wales - adopted a resolution on the recognition of the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic and the right to self-determination of the Armenian people living there.
Under the unanimously adopted 5th resolution, the state parliament has recognized the independence of Nagorno-Karabakh and supports the self-determination of its people, as well as calls upon the authorities of Australia to officially recognize Karabakh's independence and strengthen the relationship with its citizens.