- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Leader of Abkhazia received Heidi Tagliavini2009-03-03 12:45
Abkhazia and South Ossetia are interested in just and objective assessment of August 2008 events, stated today Sergey Bagapsh, the leader of Abkhazia, at the meeting with the experts of the EU Fact Finding Commission, headed by the Swiss diplomat Heidi Tagliavini - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Leaders of Abkhazia repeatedly warned the UN representatives, the EU countries diplomats that Georgia was preparing for war", Bagapsh said. He also reminded that Sokhumi repeatedly claimed the necessity to draw Georgian military from the upper part of Kodori gorge and stated that Abkhazia will take measures to liberate the upper Kodors, and they were taken.
Bagapsh drew attention of the Commission at the continuing military aid for Georgia rendered by the USA and the EU. "Since Georgia doesn't leave its aggressive intentions, Abkhazia turned to Russia with a request to build up military presence here", he said. Sergey Bagapsh underlined that presence of Russian troops in Abkhazia ensures guarantees of its security.