- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Striking miners are going protest in Kutaisi2012-10-30 14:15
In Georgia, about three thousand striking miners from the company LLC "Georgian Manganese" are going to hold a protest to Kutaisi, the IA Trend reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The miners are going to hold a rally on October 30 in front of the Parliament of Georgia. "We're going to go on foot to Kutaisi to explain our problem to the majority. Our only hope is Bidzina Ivanishvili and his team. We are not going to give up and go down into the mines", one of the protesters Jemal Devadze said.
Recall, the miners of the LLC "Georgian Manganese" continue strike in the Chiatura district, Western Georgia. They demand higher wages to 100% and better working conditions.
In mid-October, the miners went on hunger strike, but after the meeting with the MP from the coalition of "Georgian Dream" in Chiatura district Malkhaz Tsereteli they stopped hunger strike. According to the deputy, the miners' demands are fair, since their wages do not meet the severity of work, and the conditions at the plant are terrible. Miners are hoping that the new cabinet will address their problems and contribute to their solution.