- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Son of Levan Gachechiladze detained in Georgia2012-10-31 12:05
The son of Levan Gachechiladze, who was the candidate from the united Georgian opposition in the presidential election on January 5, 2008, George Gachechiladze detained in Georgia, the Lenta.ru reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Detention was carried out on October 30, in Tbilisi. Gachechiladze is charged under article 239 part 3 of the Criminal Code of Georgia - hooliganism committed with a firearm or other object as a weapon.
The incident, for which Gachechiladze had been detained, occurred on October 27 in the cafe "Gallery" on Griboyedov Street, Tbilisi. He was involved in a fight, during which a security officer of the cafe Irakli Tsindeliani was wounded, the IA Regnum reported.
Recall, a few years ago, the son of Levan Gachechiladze was hospitalized with a stab wound. It was reported that he had been wounded during a fight near the restaurant "Matryoshka".
Businessman and politician Gachechiladze supported the "Rose Revolution" in 2003, but later joined the opposition. In 2008, he tried to run for president. According to official information, the opposition won about 25 percent of the vote, losing to the incumbent president in the first round.