- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Zurab Abashidze appointed Ivanishvili's personal representative on Russia2012-11-01 14:38
Georgia's former ambassador to Russia, a political scientist Zurab Abashidze was appointed personal representative of the Prime Minister of Georgia for Russia, the Trend reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The authorities of Russia and Georgia "not just can, but they must engage in a constructive dialogue", Georgian State Minister for Reintegration Paata Zakareishvili said on Thursday during an online press conference. According to him, the main thrust will be the issue of Georgia's accession into NATO, which does not prevent the normalization of relations with Russia.
State Minister has categorically ruled out the possibility of the restoration of diplomatic relations between Russia and Georgia given the conditions when Moscow does not want to compromise on the issue of Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
As recalled by the Izvestia, Zurab Abashidze headed the Georgian mission in Moscow in 2000-2004. At the same time he was Permanent Representative of Georgia under the European Union and NATO.
Now he is a lecturer at the University of Tbilisi. In recent years, he visited Moscow along with the head of the GOC Ilia II.
"It is necessary to open a channel of dialogue, so that this solution will be relevant", the Chairman of the Parliamentary Committee on Foreign Affairs Tedo Japaridze. "Russia's reaction to this is very important".