- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Lavrov met with Riad Hijab2012-11-06 15:38
On Tuesday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov met with former Prime Minister of Syria Riad Hijab in Amman, the VZGLIAD reported. This was announced by the Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the beginning of the meeting, the Russian Foreign Minister said he wanted to know Hijab's attitude towards the ongoing events in Syria. "It is important to use this opportunity to hear your mood in regard of what is happening in your country", he said.
"I'd love the bloodshed in Syria to be ceased as soon as possible; for this we need synchronous actions, based on the understanding that all have to stop the bloodshed", continued the Russian minister.
In turn, Hijab said that he has long wanted to meet with Lavrov. "We've always wanted to meet you to inform about our point of view", Riad Hijab said.
Meanwhile, it was reported that Russia did not intend to revise the agreements reached in Geneva on Syrian settlement.
According to the head of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Sergey Lavrov, Moscow is not going to "distort the document and pervert its contents", the RIA Novosti reported.