- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bacho Akhalaia arrested2012-11-07 11:53
Former Interior Minister of Georgia Bacho Akhalaia was arrested yesterday after the interrogation in the Prosecutor General's office, the Rosbalt reported. According to his lawyer David Dekanoidze, Akhalaia is charged with abuse of office.gt-en-newsitem-inside
From the main building of the Prosecutor General's office, where Former Minister was interrogated for a few hours, he was transferred to an unknown facility.
The cause of the accusations against Akhalaia, who was previously the head of the Defense Ministry, was the complaints to the Prosecutor General's office from former employees of the department.
Recall, yesterday Bacho Akhalaia announced that he has returned to the country and was ready to answer all questions related to his activities.
"I want to publicly state that I left the country temporarily. I want to appeal to the people of Georgia - I take responsibility for my every action and every step. I have returned to Georgia and I am ready to answer all questions in case of an investigation by the relevant authorities", Akhalaia stated.
However, he said that he had left Georgia after the election in order not to be accused of obstructing the transfer of power to the new leadership of the country.