- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Chief of the Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of Georgia arrested2012-11-07 12:25
Chief of Joint Staff of the Georgian Armed Forces Giorgi Kalandadze and commander of the 4th Brigade of the Defense Ministry Zurab Shamatava arrested on the night of November 7. According to the Kommersant, this was announced by the lawyer of Bacho Akhalaia, arrested earlier, David Dekanoidze.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Representatives of the parliamentary minority consider the arrest of Chief of the Joint Staff and the Commander of the 4th Brigade "fullfillment of Russia's order".
As reported by the IA Regnum, the MP from the parliamentary minority Akaki Minashvili told reporters that Giorgi Kalandadze and Zurab Shamatava "bravely fought with the enemy during the 2008 war, they are the real heroes and fighters, and the fact that they were arrested proves the goals of the winning coalition which has come to power".
According to unofficial information, Shamatava and Kalandadze were arrested on the testimony of Bacho Akhalaia.
Recall, Former Interior Minister of Georgia Bacho Akhalaia was arrested yesterday after the interrogation in the Prosecutor General's office. He is charged with abuse of office.