- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Rada dismissed Volodymyr Ogryzko, the holder of the Order of Honour2009-03-04 10:04
The Parliament of Ukraine (Verkhovna Rada) dismissed Volodymyr Ogryzko - RIA Novosti informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Let us remind that a few days ago Grigol Vashadze, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia paid a visit to Kiyv and stated that Ogryzko is presented the order of Honour in acknowledgement of the position in the Georgian-Russian conflict in August 2008.
A total of 250 MPs voted for his resignation, while the minimum required number of votes is 226.
MPs voted for: 174 of the Regions party, 49 - of the Yulia Timoshenko Bloc, 27 - of the Communist party.
MPs voted against: 38 of the Our Ukraine-People's Self-Defnse bloc fraction, 11 of the YTB.
According to the agency, on March 2nd Vasiliy Kiselyov (the Region's party fraction) proposed the parliament to sack the Foreign Minister Ogryzko.
52-year old Ogryzko was appointed the Minister of Foreign Affairs on December 18th 2007.
In March 2005-December 2007 he occupied the position of the First Deputy Foreign Minister.