- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
NATO cancels visit to Georgia2012-11-09 15:40
The visit of the delegation of the NATO Military Committee to Tbilisi scheduled for late November was abruptly postponed for an indefinite period, the Izvestia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This is the first case of cancellation of the visit of NATO for almost 12-year history of the integration of Georgia into the Organization. Opponents of the winning coalition "Georgian Dream" are convinced that the cancellation of the significant visit signals the start of new problems for Georgia's accession into NATO.
Permanent Representative of Georgia to the headquarters of NATO Grigol Mgaloblishvili expressed "regret from the cancellation of such a big event" before the NATO ministerial in December this year.
According to the edition, the Georgian diplomats are looking for the reason of the cancellation. NATO epresentatives also refrain from comments.
Recall, in mid-October NATO Secretary General's Special Representative for the Caucasus and Central Asia James Appathurai stated that NATO continued cooperation with Georgia.
"NATO continues working with the government of Georgia. It remains committed to the decisions of the Bucharest summit on Georgia's membership in the Organization. We also continue supporting the territorial integrity of Georgia", Appathurai said.