- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The court suspended the authority of George Kalandadze and Zurab Shamatava2012-11-12 12:37
On November 11, Tbilisi City Court granted the demand of the Prosecutor General of Georgia and suspended the authority of George Kalandadze Zurab Shamatava, the IA Regnum reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Prosecutor General asked the court to suspend the authority of chief of Joint Staff of the Georgian Armed Forces George Kalandadze and commander of the 4th Brigade of the Defense Ministry Zurab Shamatava on November 10 evening.
Prior to this, as reported by the Kommersant, Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili publicly supported Giorgi Kalandadze.
Mikhail Saakashvili took the chief of the Joint Staff of the Armed Forces on Saturday evening. "I order you to go back to the general staff and continue faithful service to the homeland", the president said. The general did not say a word, saluted and left the office. The meeting was held a few hours after George Kalandadze had been released on bail.
However, after an encouraging meeting with the president, the Defense Minister of the country Irakli Alasania, considered one of the closest associates of the Prime Minister Bidzina Ivanishvili, also met with the general Kalandadze. He expressed doubt that the general could really proceed to the execution of duties.
Recall, Chief of Joint Staff of the Georgian Armed Forces George Kalandadze and commander of the 4th Brigade of the Defense Ministry Zurab Shamatava were arrested on the night of November 7.