- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Collection of signatures for the resignation of Saakashvili started in Georgia2012-11-12 13:09
The non-government organization "The unanimity for human rights" has announced the collection of signatures to demand the immediate resignation of the president Mikheil Saakashvili, the IA Regnum reported. This was announced by the head of the organization Mikhail Andguladze on November 12.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Andguladze, signatures to demand the resignation of Mikheil Saakashvili as the president will be collected in all parts of Georgia starting from Monday.
Many figures of Georgian culture have joined the initiative of non-governmental organization. Georgian writers Dzhansug Charkviani and Chabua Amirejibi, directors Rezo Chkheidze and Giga Lortkipanidze and many others have declared their intention to sign the demand for resignation of the president.
As recalled by the Ridus, last year the Georgian constitution was amended. Under the new law the term of office of the president was extended to 10 months. Now the term of Saakashvili's presidency expires in October next year instead of January 2013.