- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan: Armenia cannot use airport in Nagorno-Karabakh2012-11-12 14:48
According to Vice-Speaker of Azerbaijani parliament Ziyafat Asgarov, International Civil Aviation Organization (ISAO) has an agreement with Azerbaijan on the basis of which the use of its air space is only possible with the consent of Baku.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As reported by the 1news.az, Asgarov stated this speaking to the students at the Baku Oil High School. According to him, when this issue was raised, Baku appealed to the ISAO which replied that Azerbaijan was rights both from legal and political point of view.
"Azerbaijan became a member of the UN along with Nagorno-Karabakh, and international organizations take this fact as the basis. UN is a universal organization and its decisions are binding on all states. In this matter, the Armenians go on various adventures. So far, the Armenians account the non-use of the airport in the occupied territories for various reasons, but there is no reason in fact. They understand that without Azerbaijan's consent they cannot use it", he said.
Recall, construction of the airport in Nagorno-Karabakh was finished in late June this year. That time Baku claimed that without its consent none plane would land in Nagorno-Karabakh, and if the Armenians perform flights, they violate the air space of Azerbaijan. But as it turned out, the airport was built and was ready to take the first aircraft in the near future.