- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Nogaideli accused Saakashvili of high treason2009-03-04 15:27
Zurab Nogaideli, the ex-PM of Georgia, the leader of opposition Movement for Just Georgia party believes that President Mikheil Saakashvili is guilty of high treason - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Previously the ex-PM charged the authorities of secret deal with Imedi TV company and illegal operations with weapons.
That time Nogaideli said the basis for this statement was selling Imedi to Arab company Rakeen Investment Group. According to the ex-PM, the true owners of the aforesaid objects became the President and Vano Merabishvili, the Interior Minister, as both made a deal with Rakeen Investment.
He also offered Rakeen Investment to publish the list of their Georgian partners; from the authorities he demanded to publish list of military supplies of recent 3-4 years, including prices and all the details of contracts.
"USD 2 bn and several hundred mln were in fact appropriated by Saakashvili and his circle. When we needed weapon it appeared that there was none, and what was found, was unfit for use. This is a high treason", said Nogaideli today.
According to the ex-PM, in 2007 from different sources he received information of President Saakashvili and Interior Minister Merabishvili had appropriated money allocated for weapon purchase.
"But I couldn't believe in it. Even if I was shown the document I wouldn't believe, as I was sure that the territorial integrity and the Georgian army is the holy of holies for Saakashvili", Nogaideli highlighted, though didn't mention whether he has any documental proof of the appropriation.