- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
LLC Television Company PIK has got new owner2012-11-15 13:10
Television Company PIK, in the management of which is the third channel of the public broadcaster, has got a new owner, the News-Georgia reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the edition, the deal, which was announced this week, was arranged on October 29. LLC "Shvisea", established a few days before this, and the founder and director of which is a Lithuanian-born Darius Jurgelevicius, has acquired the controlling interest of the company. Jurgelevicius has dual citizenship, and now he lives in Tbilisi. He is also Advisor to former Minister of Internal Affairs Vano Merabishvili.
According to the Entrepreneurial Registry in exchange of the transfer of the 60% of the PIK the "Shvisea" must carry out investment into the LLC "TV PIC" in the amount of half a million dollars within five years from the date of signing the protocol.
Recall, on October 20, Georgian Russian-language TV channel PIK suspended the broadcasting in Georgia. Catherine Kotrikadze, the head of information service, told the journalists this was associated with the rupture of the contract between the Georgian Public Television and the channel PIK.