- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Struggle against homosexuals in Azerbaijan2012-11-15 13:37
According to the head of the Board of Muslims of the Caucasus Shaikh al-Islam Haji Allahshukur Pashazade, propaganda of cohabitation of people of the same sex is unacceptable for Azerbaijan. He stated this during a national conference in Baku, Azerbaijan, the Rosbalt reported.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"How can we accept this? For us - this is restriction of the freedom of conscience. During the meetings with the representatives of foreign countries and international organizations, I have always tried to explain it to them", Pashazade stated.
At the same time, he said that Azerbaijan was recognized as one of the most tolerant countries, and this is due to the fact that the country has chosen the right path in the area of religious freedom, the Trend reported.
"Each nation has its own traditions and customs, so you need to move in accordance with them. Freedom of conscience and religion also has its limits. If you go beyond these limits, you violate the rights of others. So the religious groups should operate in accordance with these rules. We are not against other religions and have a great relationship with them", the head of the Board of Muslims of the Caucasus said.
According to him, Azerbaijan is undergoing the process of development in the area of religious freedom. In general, Azerbaijan can be an example of tolerance in the world.